Thursday, September 19, 2013

Family Matters II

Some of the information given here may seem choppy or inconclusive.This is a “running" family blog and a continuation of a much greater story.You are encouraged to go to the main website to catch-up or read previous blogs.These blogs tell the story of Christian I(100% DAV, homeschooling pastor-dad with M.S.)and Christian II (son 3 years old-T1 diabetic)-BOTH TRYING TO RAISE MONEY FOR SERVICE DOGS!
 



Thank you for coming! If you have any comments or suggestions, please let Dad know :-)

Christian I (Dad) – I’m so glad everyone decided to go to the trampoline park yesterday – LOL. There are a lot of groaning and aching bodies around here! Mom needs a little help getting around this morning! I think I’m going to help her and let her roll around in the wheelchair for a change! LOL.

That leads me to my next misconception regarding “Why people think they can't have big families”.

     Misconception 2 – “I don’t have enough help to manage a lot of children”.

     Observation – I like to think of myself as a very involved daddy between church work (as a family pastor) and other endeavors. I try to be as much a part of my children’s’ lives as possible. After all, they have been given to ME and our MY responsibility.
But here again, I’ve made one very important observation- I am one hundred percent of the time in a wheelchair and have chronic paralysis in my hands and upper body as well. So… though my heart is absolutely willing, I can’t really help that much! So you might be thinking to yourself, “Seven active homeschool children, very well educated and extremely bright – “HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?”

I made another observation! My wife is a superwoman, but to be completely honest, she does not bear the brunt of the work in maintaining a family. WE ALL DO!

I’m a very big fan of the idea that “When God blesses you with something; He gives you a way to manage it”. Through regular and intimate communication with my wife and children, all of us are a part of the solution in almost every situation.
There is always a way! And, when you find it, the benefits of “The right way” are overwhelming! Just like I said in the last entry, “Don’t give up!” The world is ready to take your responsibilities away from you and to manage them in a way that THEY SEE FIT.
It can be very easy and accommodating, and there is a lot of peer pressure to “do what everyone else is doing”. And in this country you can do whatever you want, right?  I challenge you to honestly ask yourself if you’re “doing life” the best way or the easy way.
There is always a way….just look for it!
Needle in a Haystack
 

Okay, to report on myself – did you ever see one of those little Matchbox cars when you were a kid? The ones that were stepped on and smashed, but still rolling around, albeit in an awkward way (wobbling)? That’s how I feel – LOL. It’s a great training day! 

Ethan (13 yrs old)– Dad has asked me to report on myself and little Christian again. I’m doing all right today but very sore in the shoulders from yesterday’s excitement. Today we’re sitting on the front patio because it’s somewhat rainy (and here we have headcover), and the children are actually trying to crawl out the window to get to me and Dad. I love being a part of such a big family. We’re watching our family cat trying to get out of the broken screen also…out of our front door. He didn’t make it out though! :) He’s still trying, but Joshua is right beside him, so even if he did make it out he wouldn’t go very far. Dad is going to post a picture at the bottom of this blog. Hilarious!
Epic Fail - Prison Break :)
 
Christian II (3 yrs old)– Today Christian slept in late because of yesterday’s trampoline experience. His blood sugars are doing fine right now, but we just changed his site, and that yields low numbers throughout the day. Please pray for him. Anything happens with Diabetes. As my dad says, “We need that dog!”
IMPORTANT: (Christian I speaking)The people that we are working with for the service dogs (Service Dogs by Warren Retrievers) are making an important announcement to all of their clients this morning! This could be bad, or this could be good for me and Christian! We will keep you informed.
God bless you friend... :)





 The Famous Picture of Dad and little Christian











(JUST FOLLOW THE "Support Me" LINK)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment